10TH ISOC Conference
October 13-17, 2020
The mission of the International Society of Orthopaedic Centers, Ltd. (ISOC) is to facilitate the exchange of ideas and best practices among the premier specialty orthopaedic institutions in the world and to collaborate on patient care, education, and research-based programs to advance improvements in orthopaedic care on a global scale.
While the main focus of ISOC will be the organization of an annual meeting in a host member city, the group will commit each year to support flagship programs in patient care, education, and research. Such programs may include:
• A cross-institutional study to analyze and compare patient pathways
• An international fellowship program for physicians to visit ISOC centers
• Charity mission in host country and/or support for and partnership with international health organizations
To qualify for Full Membership or Consortium Membership, a center must meet all of the following criteria:
• Function as a specialty orthopaedic hospital or as a large orthopaedic department within a hospital with an international reputation for clinical and research excellence across more than one orthopaedic sub-specialty;
• Perform at least five thousand (5,000) total orthopaedic surgical procedures per year;
• Have an orthopaedic staff of at least twenty (20) orthopaedic surgeons who collectively publish a significant number of high quality articles annually in well-respected peer-reviewed journals that reflect a diverse and excellent research and education program;
• Conduct, and exhibit a commitment to, orthopaedic research; and
• Function as or within an academic center (i.e., the Member must have orthopaedic residents or fellows in training).
Note: A Consortium Member is a collective group of two (2) or more Centers that have a pre-existing working relationship and collectively, as a group, meet the criteria above to be a Full Member.
The only Middle-East member of ISOC. The exclusive International Society of Orthopedic Centers (ISOC) has expanded its membership to include one center in the Middle East: Jerusalem’s Hadassah Medical Center. ISOC members must perform a minimum of 5,000 orthopedic surgeries each year. http://www.hadassah-med.com/about/news/hadassah-medical-center-joins-international-orthopedic-society.aspx
The International Society of Orthopaedic Centers (ISOC) was featured in El Mercurio, a leading newspaper in Chile. The article is entitled "Global representatives in Traumatology and Orthopaedics meet at Clinica Alemana". Download El Mercurio article here.
Read interview with Dr. Sculco in Orthopaedics This Week, (On and Off) the Record by RRY Publications here.
MEMBER CENTERS (2019)
• Argentina: Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires (Buenos Aires)
• Australia: Mater Hospital (Sydney)
• Belgium: University Hospitals Leuven (Leuven)
• Brazil: Instituto Nacional de Traumatologia e Ortopedia (Rio de Janeiro)
• Canada: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto)
• Chile: Clinica Alemana (Santiago)
• China: Peking Union Medical College Hospital (Beijing)
• France: The Institute for Locomotion (Marseille)
• Germany: Helios Endo-Klinik (Hamburg)
• India: Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation (Maharashtra)
• India: Sunshine Hospital (Telangana)
• Israel: The Hadassah University Medical Center (Jerusalem)
• Italy: Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli (Bologna)
• Italy: I.R.C.C.S. Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi (Milan)
• Mexico: Instituto Nacional De Rehabilitacion (Mexico City)
• The Netherlands: Sint Maartenskliniek (Nijmegen)
• Sweden: Skåne University Hospital (Lund)
• Switzerland: Schulthess Klinik (Zurich)
• United Kingdom: Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (London)
• USA: Campbell Clinic (Tennesee)
• USA: Hospital for Special Surgery (New York)
• USA: Mayo Clinic (Minnesota)